Using the Auth API
The Futurae Auth API can be used in order to add authentication and transaction signing to your website or application, or integrate any of the offered authentication factors into your existing authentication platform.
Here you will find high level guidelines on how to make use of the Auth API, including instructions for performing Zero-Touch authentication using SoundProof.
In order to be able to use the Auth API you will need to get your Service ID, Service Auth API key and Service hostname. Please refer to the Auth API reference documentation for a detailed reference of the available HTTP endpoints, and on the structure and format of the each individual HTTP request and response.
The Auth API features two main endpoint categories:
- Endpoints for enrolling and managing users.
- Endpoints for performing authentication and transaction signing for enrolled users.
The authentication factors offered by Futurae, except SMS, require the installation and usage of the Futurae mobile app. The Futurae mobile app is available on the following platforms:
- Android (minimum required version: Jelly Bean 4.1.x – API Level 16).
- Official Play Store URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.futurae.mobileapp
- iOS (minimum required version: iOS 9).
- Official App Store URL: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/futurae/id1069858990?mt=8
As an alternative option, we offer a mobile SDKs for Android and iOS, in order to integrate the Futurae authentication technologies in your own mobile authenticator app.
The authentication factors offered by Futurae, except SoundProof, are supported on all browsers.
SoundProof authentication, in particular, is supported on the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari (from version 11)
- Mozilla Firefox